Well some statements to Tante’s post:
- People don’t earn money by blogging anyways. There are more people getting rich by winning a lottery than people who can make a living with blogging. Therefore, blogging doesn’t earn you much money with Flattr too, but maybe enough so that you can give that away to Flattr other people.
- This way, the money pools at the guys that are already “big”. This really sucks.
- Tante also summed up, that there should be a way to Flattr people who don’t use Flattr. This is not possible technically of course as they couldn’t determine who gets the money and as there would be transmission taxes if the money doesn’t get transferred into their own system but outwards. But there should be a way for people to register at Flattr and flattr random people by entering those people’s E-Mail or Twitter name and the website for which the flattery is made, so that Flattr can connect to the flattered person telling him that he was flattered and that he can open up an account to recieve this flattery.
Some more critizism:
- For this reason, it should and MUST be possible to register without putting in money using a Twitter name, an E-Mail and random “things” – so you could recieve flattery and pass it on.
- They do this “you must put money” now, as this way the whole thing can be financed, but I really hope they don’t force you when they come out of their beta.
- To combat the problem of the big money pools that the popurlar blogs would create if they used flattr, the value you give each month should be dependent on what you earn via flattr.